This is the membership agreement between us, your farmers, and you, our member. Please Read and fill out in full!
You will be directed to payment information after this form is submitted.
Here's the deal.
Even Pull Farm will strive to grow a diverse range of high quality produce and flowers from mid-spring through mid-fall. By using practices including detailed crop planning, succession planting, applying organic soil amendments, using non-chemical methods of controlling pests and weeds, and keeping a clean farm we will mitigate the risks from weather, pests, and other challenges associated with growing vegetables and flowers with natural methods.
Our target date for starting Veggie CSA pick ups is May 30th; target date for starting Bouquet CSA pick ups is June 20th. Due to weather and other factors, the first pick up date may vary by one week from that target (earlier or later). We promise to let you know no less than 7 days before the first pickup that the CSA is ready to roll! From that start date we will have 25 weeks of pick up on Tuesday evenings from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm in downtown McMinnville. Our pick up location will be announced shortly. The final pickup of the season, if we start on our target date, will be on October 3rd for flowers & November 14th for veggies.
We will work to give you the most variety possible through using a market style CSA pick up and growing a wide range of vegetables. We will work to provide you with the freshest and most beautiful blooms in our bouquets each week. We will write a CSA newsletter every week outlining the veggies you can expect at pickup, helpful recipes, and ideas for preparing your produce.
CSA is a partnership between farmers and members, and there are some expectations for our CSA members. By signing this form and joining our CSA, you agree to and understand the following:
- Farming is heavily dependent on weather and climate conditions. On rare occasions, despite best-laid plans, there may be a crop failure.
- Bugs and other animals can access our fields, sometimes damaging or destroying crops.
- There is built-in flexibility with the vacation week. You need to let us know when you will be using your vacation week by emailing 7-10 days ahead of time, and we will adjust harvest. If you do not use your vacation week during the season you will receive a free CSA share.
- Note that there is not a vacation week for the Bouquet CSA. Please arrange for a friend or family member to pick up your share if you will be out of town.
- If you do not pick up your CSA share on Tuesday between 4 and 6:30pm, or have not scheduled your vacation week, your share will be donated.
- We are all a part of the same community and will treat everyone with consideration and respect at CSA pick-ups and other farm events.
- Your farmers value feedback. We need to know how things are going and love to have input on how to improve the CSA. Please remember that your farmers work long, hard hours and put a lot of time, energy, and emotion into producing the healthiest, tastiest produce we can. Please keep this in mind when you offer feedback.
- Your payment holds your place in the CSA. You have the option to pay in full at a discount. If you prefer to pay in two installments, your deposit of $470 for a Super Hero or $280 for a Champion will hold your place.
- If you are choosing to pay in two installments, the balance is due by June 6th. If this payment is not received by the 6th, you cannot pick up a share until the bill is settled. If we have not received payment by June 13th, we will charge you a late fee of $25.
- There are no refunds or discounts.
In essence, we promise to grow the best possible produce for you in our little slice of Yamhill County. You agree to help take on some of the risk associated with farming by paying for your vegetables and flowers up front. We will work to ensure your investment turns into valuable, delicious, and healthy vegetables and fruits, plus beautiful flowers. We will strive to make the community of our members strong, vibrant, and fun.
Sound like a good deal?
Let's shake on it!
Beth Satterwhite & Erik Grimstad