Please Read and fill out in full!
This is the membership agreement between us, your farmers, and you, our member.
You will be directed to payment information after this form is submitted.
Here's the deal.
As your farmers, we pledge to do the following:
- We will strive to grow a diverse range of high quality produce from spring through fall. By using practices including crop planning, succession planting, organic soil amendments, and non-chemical methods of controlling pests and weeds, we will mitigate the risks from weather, pests, and other challenges associated with growing vegetables using organic methods.
- Our target date for starting CSA pick ups is June 5th. If we have some crazy spring weather, the first pick up date may vary from that target (1 week earlier or later). We will let you know no less than 10 days before the first pickup that the CSA is ready to roll! From that start date we will have 23 weeks of pick up. The final pickup of the season, if we start on our target date, will be on November 13th.
- We will have one set Vacation Week the week of Independence Day: there will not be pick up on July 3rd.
- CSA Pick Up will be held on Tuesday evenings from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm at Flag & Wire Coffee in downtown McMinnville. Your share will be pre-packed in a box labeled with your name. At pick up, you will unpack your share into your own bag or container to transport it home.
- We are excited to offer some extra flexibility with pickup this year: if you are unable to pick up during the normal Tuesday time, your share will be available to pick up out of a reach-in cooler the following day (Wednesday) during Flag & Wire business hours (7am-3pm). Shares will be cleared out of the cooler Wednesday evening. Please be respectful of our lovely hosts & do not contact them about CSA concerns or try to pick up before or after hours. They are extending this offer as a very kind convenience to our community.
- We will write a CSA newsletter every week outlining the veggies you can expect at pickup, helpful recipes, and ideas for preparing your produce. This newsletter will be distributed via email and arrive at least 1 day before pickup every week.
- One of your farmers will be present at each pick up barring extreme circumstances. We will be there to visit, chat about farm happenings, and help troubleshoot any challenges you're facing with unfamiliar veggies or using up your share.
CSA is a partnership between farmers and members, and thus there are some expectations for our CSA members. By signing this form and joining our CSA, you agree to and understand the following:
- Mother Nature is our boss. Farming is heavily dependent on weather and climate conditions. On rare occasions, despite best-laid plans, there may be a crop failure. Bugs and other animals can access our fields, sometimes damaging or destroying crops.
- There is built-in flexibility with our floating vacation week. Please let us know when you will be using your vacation week by emailing 7-10 days ahead of time, and we will adjust our harvest & packing plans. If you do not use your vacation week during the season you will receive a free CSA share.
- You are responsible for bringing your own bag or container to CSA pickup to transfer your share into. The tote your share is packed in should not leave Flag & Wire.
- If you do not pick up your CSA share on Tuesday between 4 and 6:30pm, you have the option to pick it up the next day (Wednesday) during Flag & Wire hours only (7am-3pm). Your share will be removed and donated on Wednesday evening if not picked up.
- Your farmers value feedback. We need to know how things are going and love to have input on how to improve the CSA. Please remember that your farmers work long, hard hours and put a lot of time, energy, and emotion into producing the healthiest, tastiest produce we can. Please keep this in mind when you offer feedback.
- Your payment holds your place in the CSA. You have the option to pay in full at a discount. If you prefer to pay in two installments, your deposit will hold your place.
- If you are choosing to pay in two installments, the full balance is due by May 15th. If you don't pay the full balance on your share by this date, your spot will be at risk.
- There are no refunds or discounts on CSA shares.
- We are all a part of the same community and will treat everyone with consideration and respect at CSA pick-ups and other farm events.
In essence, we promise to grow the best possible produce for you in our little slice of Yamhill County. You agree to help take on some of the risk associated with farming by paying for your vegetables up front. We will work to ensure your investment turns into valuable, delicious, and healthy vegetables and fruits. We will strive to make the community of our members strong, vibrant, and fun.
Sound like a good deal?
Let's shake on it!
Beth Satterwhite & Erik Grimstad